Cardinal Wiseman Catholic School and Language College in Coventry has a job vacancy (maternity cover) for a full-time Mandarin teacher from 30th September 2013 to 24th November 2013. There are three Year 7 classes, two Year 8 classes, one Year 9 class and one Year 10 class. The Y9s and Y10s are learning Mandarin for GCSE (Examination board: AQA).The teaching hours would be 23 lessons per fornight.
The school is looking for an enthusiastic, patient, confident and creative experienced teacher to take over the classes for eight weeks.
• Mandarin teaching experience in UK schools
• Know simplified Chinese characters and Pinyin well
• Know how to explain Chinese grammar to non-Chinese native speakers in English
• Adapt textbooks and other on-line teaching materials to develop learner’s language skills
• Have good English proficiency
• Have good understanding of National Curriculum and GCSE Chinese
• Design your own teaching and learning resources to suit student’s needs
• Constantly check pupil’s progress using various assessments
Mrs Yen-Min Anderson
YAnderson [at] cardinalwiseman [dot] coventry [dot] sch [dot] uk